Lorenzo set for weekend of caution and confidence

lorenzo
Returning after a race out on the sidelines, Jorge Lorenzo is pioneering a more cautious approach to riding at Donington Park.
Whilst it can rarely be said that fearless rookie Jorge Lorenzo is a rider lacking in confidence, a concussion-inducing crash in Catalunya means that the Fiat Yamaha rider will be looking to regain self belief and World Championship points at Donington Park.
According to his team, results will not be the main focus of the Spaniard´s weekend, with physical and mental recovery top of the list of priorities. Visible signs of the former will be apparent through Lorenzo´s use of special silk glove, protecting the fourth and fifth fingers of his right hand recently treated with a skin graft.
`It has been a tough couple of weeks for me and watching the Barcelona race from my hospital bed wasn´t much fun,´ admits Lorenzo, who is contemplating modifying his racing approach in order to avoid the spate of crashes that have plagued his rookie MotoGP season.
`I´m looking forward to getting back on the bike, although I think I have to ride a little more cautiously this weekend! It is like starting again from scratch so I have to change my approach. What I can say about Donington is that I have got great memories from there – I took 250cc victory in 2006 and last year I was riding really well in the wet. It is a fast circuit, other than the final section, and it will be interesting to ride there on a MotoGP bike for the first time.´
ref[motogp.com]

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment