Hopkins fired up despite injuries

hopkins
Kawasaki rider John Hopkins is aiming to put on a strong result at the British Grand Prix despite being sore following his injury in Barcelona.
The Anglo-American rider is still recovering from the fractured vertebrae he suffered in a crash during practice for the Catalan Grand Prix.
Despite the injury, he raced in the Spanish event and finished in 10th place.
Hopkins admits he is still not feeling 100 percent, but the Kawasaki rider is fired up ahead of what he considers his second home race.
"Following the Catalunya race we had a one day test where I rode as many laps as I could with the back injury I sustained in practice," said Hopkins in a team preview.

"In the lead-up to the last two races I had been training very hard so thankfully I haven't lost any fitness, which is always a problem when carrying injuries, and I've had the chance to rest to help the healing process.
"I'm still very stiff and sore, but Donington Park is like a home away from home, and it's a track I definitely enjoy.
"For me the British Grand Prix is one of the biggest races of the season, with many members of my family coming to support me, and regardless of my injury I'll be looking to gain a strong result aboard the Kawasaki."
ref[AS]

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment