Biaggi interested in Ducati tests


Max Biaggi says he would be happy to test for the Ducati team after revealing he is already in talks with the Italian squad.
Ducati boss Livio Suppo said yesterday that the team are looking for an experienced rider that could help them with the development of their GP8 bike.
MotoGP teams are not allowed to test with their racing riders on championship tracks, except on the day after a race.
Ducati's official tester Vittoriano Guareschi is out of action after injuring himself in a crash during testing at Mugello.

Suppo said they were considering Biaggi and also Troy Bayliss, who last raced for the team in one grand prix in 2006.
Both riders race for Ducati in Superbikes.
Biaggi, who left MotoGP at the end of 2005, is currently racing in Superbikes, but the former 250cc champion admitted he would be willing to work with Ducati.
"If I can help I'll be happy to," the Italian told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I've spoken with Suppo about it, and there's the will to do the test, let's see when and what kind of work they're thinking of. Even a two-day test can be useful.
"Mugello is a selective track, where Ducati have a lot of reference points. And for me it wouldn't be tricky to familiarize again with a MotoGP bike, I don't think it's so different from the ones I used to ride."
Biaggi, however, has ruled out returning to the top category, as speculation increases about Marco Melandri's future at Ducati following a disastrous start to the season.
"I've never thought about it. I'm in Superbikes and I enjoy myself there. I have no regrets about MotoGP," said Biaggi.
Melandri, who has joined Ducati this year, has an 11th place as his best result so far this season.
Suppo admitted Melandri's situation is bad, but he has vowed to help the Italian rider bounce back.
"I don't think it can get any worse, but I don't want to think we won't be able to solve the problem: we are fully confident that Marco can go quick and that the engineers will find the solutions to help him out of this situation."

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment